Join me on my decorating journey transforming my house to my home



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My favorite colour combo

It has been 2 years since we moved into our house and unlike most of the people we decided not to paint our walls any colour just leave them white.We havent even put up any pictures yes the walls were bare.

It was very funny when we had visitors they were really surprised  by our white walls. The norm here is when you build your house and move in you have already picked up the colour of the walls. It is understandable if you dont have furniture but the walls should at least have some colour on LOL My husband and I both agreed that we would take our time in deciding the colour, because it will have to be part of the theme/ambience we want to create.

The arabs like everything BIG, BOLD and GOLD! and personally i feel they have no sense of style when it comes to home decorating. They think that by having the walls pink then automatically means any accessories that will go into that room should all be pink!

Anyway good news is that we finally had our walls painted you will not find a white wall well except for the maid's room but come to think of it i might paint it soon LOL

So here is the before


and here is it after

Shocked by the yellow?

Dont be for some reason because i am pairing it with grey

Here the colour swatches to get the right yellow to match the grey
It was very hard finding the right yellow-- I went through 4 cans of yellow until i found THE ONE lol
 I am loving the grey and yellow combination and luckily so does my husband

Check out these pics that i was inspired by


I mean even Marks and Spencer think its a cool colour combo



and so does IKEA (i took this pic the last time i was there)


So naturally we painted the rest of living room grey


Now this is a bad pic but you can see the grey and yellow combo (although because of bad lighting the grey appears darker)

So there you have it...

Do you have a favorite colour combo? i would love to hear the colours that appeal to you
Thanks for stopping by :)

Linking this post to

Get your craft on @ Todays Creative Blog




DIY Day @ ASPTL








7 comments:

  1. I LOVEE ALL COLORS!!

    yellow though i think gives a happy feeling with sun reflection and lifts up my mood. i got my old room painted yellow with light green. currently house under construction and im considering the light cold and calm violet with wither grey or white. still that will depend on the furniture and the room position with reference to the lighting in the new house.

    lovely post and wise thinking not painting at first =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Essence of Oman i still dont know what the yellow effect has on me but so far i am all smiles :)

    Our furniture will definetly need to be changed because dark brown doesnt do it anymore with these colour walls. It needs to be either white or black..so will be furniture shopping soon

    I am glad we took our time it worked for us to really think about the colours..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mash'Allah Mayya you are doing a fine job. The room looks lovely. I am constantly reading your blogs, even though I don't saw or do any DIY, but you keep interested.
    Maybe you wont have to buy new furniture, you can paint it and glam it up.
    Check out this blog, I just found it and I love their work. http://www.younghouselove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI!!! I'm Visiting from Just A Girl..
    This looks fabulous!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combo! I still have plenty of white walls & we've lived here over 2 years... some areas just take longer to figure out. Thanks for linking up to the Power of Paint Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Hello just found your blog :^)

    For our main living areas I LOVVEEE a warm yellow paired with white trim and red accents in the furniture!!! But my fav combination in our house is light pink and light green in my daughters room!

    ReplyDelete